StudioLabs is looking for a multiple JS developers of varying experience levels. These positions are open to full-time candidates, as well as contractors/freelancers, in both our NYC office location and our Buffalo, NY location. Candidates must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards. Individuals will be responsible for building websites, mobile sites, OTT applications, and other digital products.
The candidates must be able to work effectively with our in-house developers and non-technical staff from other departments. Individual should be a fast learner of new technologies, be a creative thinker, and share skills and information freely. Positions are open for entry-level, mid-level, and senior-level developers.
StudioLabs offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits packages, and flexible work hours. Check out our Stack Overflow company page here: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/studiolabs
THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE:
- Experienced with web application development and must have experience using Photoshop PSDs to build web pages using HTML5, CSS3, and various JS libraries and frameworks like Angular and/or React
- Great at communicating with developers and other StudioLabs team members
- Able to work effectively with in-house developers and non-technical staff from other departments
- A cross-disciplined person who is not afraid of maintaining a production application whilst capable of learning new technologies and putting them into practical use
- Familiar with configuration management and deployment tools such as Vagrant, Chef, or Puppet
- A team player who enjoys working in small teams to accomplish big things
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement custom, high-performance web applications for desktop, mobile, and OTT, using React, Angular and/or other JS libraries/frameworks
- Document daily progress on work items & communicate to appropriate stakeholders
- Work out of hours, when appropriate, to support major implementations or to react to high priority service issues
- Provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction for projects as needed
- Work as part of a team to help define technical requirements, explain the capabilities and limitations of various systems, and generate diagrams/documentation for internal and client use
- Provide assistance, training, and/or mentoring to the other engineers and other team members were applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Math/Physics or equivalent professional work experience
- knowledge of Object-Oriented programming, design patterns, and best practices
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Must possess an exceptional ability to effectively communicate both verbally and non-verbally, with technical and non-technical personnel
- Familiarity with one or more version control systems (Git)
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Some experience with the PHP frameworks or other MVC development frameworks
- Must be able to communicate effectively with many types of clients – those who are technically savvy as well as clients who look to us for technical advice.
- Must be able to collaborate with in-house project management / product ownership team to keep the project running smoothly
- Must be able to speak English fluently
All applicants must be able to work legally in the U.S.